HELPFUL ADVICE FOR JOB SEEKING STUDENTS!
- Don't be late! There's never an excuse for late arrivals.
- Don't forget a copy of your resume and references.
- Follow the interviewer's lead
- Be confident.
- Stand up straight, with your shoulders back.
- Speak clearly and loud enough so the interviewer understands you.
- Don't fidget. Make good eye contact.
- Positive body language and a bright smile, are important.
- Lean forward slightly when the interviewer is speaking.
- Don't ramble. Stay focused on the questions, and how you fit the needs of the employer.
- Stress your achievements. Make sure your good points come across in a sincere manner. Conduct yourself with determination.
- Never close the door on an opportunity.
Check out Career Zone
Visit the Career Education Office, Room 2202 for more information regarding job-seeking, resumes, interviews and helpful job related advice